Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pumpkin Carving

Halloween isn't my most favorite holiday of the year, but it seems to be a hit with my kids. I'll take a shot and guess the candy has a lot to do with it! I do have some good memories of Halloween though. Like the costume parades at school where my mom came to help, and the kick I got out of finding my dad in the crowd. And eating chili and bread sticks every Halloween before going trick or treating with my dad...too bad my kids don't like chili! Although Bob thinks I make way too much of holidays (which I don't), I hope that my kids get as good of memories that I have. I hope Bob knows how grateful I am to him for being willing to please me and go along with my holiday festivities which (hopefully) give our kids such great memories. And although he doesn't hide in trees to catch the punks who take and smash our pumpkins against our mailbox, like my dad did :), I know that he is making just as good of memories for our kids by humoring me and taking part of these fun holiday traditions. I'm grateful for my dad and mom and all the good memories they've created for me. As my kids get older, I'm beginning to find out how much work they really did around the holidays to make them so fun! So, when I'm up late picking up pumpkin seeds and guts off the floor and baking salted seeds (that they wanted, but will never eat), I will continue to tell myself that it's all worth it...I know it is, by the pictures and memories.

No comments: