Sunday, October 12, 2008

Jessica

Jessica seems to be growing up waaaaay too fast! She'll be 9 in 2 months, but I swear she was just born! Lately she's been in to my earrings and necklaces, pleading with me to wear them. One evening as I was taking my contacts out in my bathroom, and she came in and asked if she could wear some of my earrings. First of all, she was so cute in asking me which one's would look the cutest on her. Secondly, (she's gonna kill me for writing this!) I smelled body odor. At first I thought "is that me?!", then realized it was coming from her! My little girl needs deodorant! She's growing up...NOOOO!!! What happened to my little girl who used to dance and sing on the coffee table?!... actually she still does that, but now I yell at her for it because she's big enough to scratch or break it. I'm happy and sad at the same time because it's so much fun to see her grow, yet sad to realize she's not my little baby anymore. And that also means I'm getting old. Being the only girls in family, I hope we will always be as close as we are right now. And I hope she continues to feel comfortable enough to come to me for anything and everything. She's also doing great in school. Her teacher told me at parent-teacher conference, that she's starting to open up and talk & participate more in class. That's just funny to me, because we can't get her to shut up at home! But I so relate...I don't think I ever talked in school until I was in the 6th grade! She's actually doing tons better than me! And other than that little incident at school when some little brat (just kidding, I'm sure she's a nice little girl, maybe) hit Jessi on her pacemaker... which made her dizzy, she's doing fine...health wise. Her next check up with her cardiologist is next month, ugh. Her teacher also told us that she needs to work on her math, but is doing great in reading and language arts...again, just like me (not to brag or anything). All around, Jessica is such an enjoyment. Even her little tantrums are quite humorous...she breaks down into tears like it's the end of the world, instead of screaming and throwing things like the boys do. And her self choreographed dance moves are both humorously entertaining and yet shockingly good. I hope she keeps her love for life and self confidence as she continues to grow older. I love her so much!!!

No comments: