Friday, October 10, 2008

Changing seasons...you gotta love them!

I can't believe it's already October! I'm not complaining though...I love this time of year. Despite the fact that I still need to trim the flower bushes back, sweep the porch, or get the shoe off the roof (thrown during a temper tantrum), I love the beauty of this season and really need to start enjoying it. Just like I need to sit back and enjoy my beautiful growing children in their "seasons" rather than be so hard on them. Those moments that, at the time, make me want to pull my hair out, soon become the moments that keep me up at night laughing. And I need to learn to enjoy them and correct them calmly rather than let them drive me slowly insane. And realize that just because there's Popsicle juice stained on the carpets, or boogers running down faces, or mixed-matched clothes on with high-heeled boots, it doesn't mean I'm not a good mom. Keeping up appearances is just not worth the work, or my sanity! Life is just too short to not enjoy!
Speaking of that... The other day an hour after I took the kids to school, dropped Sawyer off at pre-school, and put Gavin down for a nap, the door bell rang. Much to my surprise, it was Sawyer...all alone! A million things went through my head... where did he come from?! Did his teacher know where he was?! How did he get here?! Why was he all alone?! Come to find out, he told his teacher he had to go potty, but instead of using the toilet, he decided to ditch pre-school and walk home, alone...three streets away. He now knows (I hope) that he cannot go anywhere alone or without telling an adult where he is going, at least he did a few days ago. Who knows what goes through his little three year old brain?!
Would it surprise you to know that I have a kid who talks too much at school? It did me! Logen got his mid-term progress report and his teacher said he talks during instructions, although she's happy to see that he makes friends so easily. I'm glad she finds the good in it! I thought that was one area in school that I wouldn't have a problem in with my kids... with Jessi's melt downs in class because she was too shy to ask for help with anything, I thought "woo-hoo!", at least my kids won't be one of those disruptive brats! Makes me wonder what I'm in store for with Sawyer and Gavin. Although after Sawyer's little disappearing act the other day, I probably have a good idea! Ah, but yes... I've got to enjoy these moments and not help but love my kids for them!

2 comments:

SmallAdventures said...

I am so glad you got your blog up and running! You did a great job....WAY cUTE!!! I love the story about your little guy! Too funny! Every kids comes as a surprise package I have decided....you never know what they are gonna give ya. :) I am coming back here to visit often so post alot ok? LOL just kidding...it's your blog YOU are in charge. I will be coming back often though.
Thanks for being such a good friend!

Mel said...

He sounds like an adventurer. How fun for you!
I love the picture, it's so adorable.