Sunday, October 12, 2008

Mischievous Logen

A few days ago, I found a trail of some kind of white substance on the kitchen floor that led to the back sliding door and onto the back porch. Seeing that it happened while Jessi was at school and Sawyer was taking a nap, I questioned Logen about. At first he said he knew nothing about it and even displayed an amazing talent of acting (for a six year old) by seeming to be grossed out and stumped about it. Bob said it looked like mud, so Logen quickly picked that idea up and said, "yeah, it's mud". But having the experience I have of mopping up mud on the floor, I knew it wasn't mud, yet couldn't figure out quite what it was. But trying to identify it wasn't as important as finding out why and how it got there. So again, I questioned Logen about it. He told me that he was playing with mud outside. I scolded him for lying to me first of all, and then made him clean it up. I thought the matter was closed until the next day I found our old/broken salt shaker out on the counter with water and salt mixed in it. Ah ha! That's what the white substance was! (I knew it wasn't mud!) So again, I questioned Logen about it and this time he told me the truth (but not all of it, as we will find out later), that he got into the salt and was making potions with it. The fact that he lied AGAIN to me upset me more than him ruining the salt! So, he got a talking too and lost his pocket knife for a day. Again, I thought that was the end of it, until today when I fixed myself a hard boiled egg and put what I thought was salt on it. I could smell onion somewhere, but assumed Bob had cooked something with seasoning or something. So then I take a bite of my salted hard boiled egg, but something didn't taste right. Then I discovered where the onion smell was coming from... onion salt...on my egg. And yet again I questioned Logen... "Did you pour onion salt into the salt shaker?!" He just gave me that little dimpled grin of his that tells me he know that he's in trouble... the one that melts my heart. Enough said. He knew what he did was wrong, (that grin of his saved his ears and my voice) and I calmly told him he lost his pocket knife again for another day. That better have upset him as much as my onion breath upset me...for the whole day. On to the next adventure with him... I'm sure it will be soon!

No comments: