Tuesday, August 11, 2009

4th of July

What would holidays be without family?! I want to make a shout out to my sista's and tell them how much I love them and their families! Times get tough and they've always got my back for me and are always there to lift me back up...thank you Jenni, Heather, and Tamie! I love holidays because of you guys and the fun we always have. Thanks for being my bestest friends ever!!! And thanks dad and mom for raising us with so much love and fun...thanks for showing us how to love and enjoy life! Love you all!
This 4th of July we decided to get up early and go fishing...hahahaaa. Early for me, in the summer, is 8:00am. :) We did not get any fish, I guess we weren't early enough, but we did have fun. Afterwards we went in the hills and shot off some of Grandpa Barr's guns. (I know, right? How redneck does that sound?!) This was a HUGE step for me, since I am terrified of guns. It's not really the guns I'm scared of, it's the damage it does. Anyhoo, I decided now is the time to get over that fear and Bob jumped all over it. He even got me to get my concealed weapons permit, and I have to admit, I got pretty excited after this class. The next step is to get myself a gun, take classes with it, and buy myself a pretty little holster to pack it around with me. I know friends, you are wondering if this is such a bright idea for me...with my hot temper and all, but this cowgirl is growing up. Haahahaaa, shoot. No, really, I'm terrified of how crazy people are getting in this world, it doesn't help my anxiety. So, I am ready to get responsible and prepare myself to defend my family, if need be. So, if you need any help, just call...hahahaa! Anyway, Bob also let Logen take a couple shots (gulp), and he didn't stop smiling the rest of the day. Sawyer took one shot and cried the rest of the day...it terrified him. :) Jessi and Gavin sat in the truck with absolutely no interest at all in even holding a gun. Hmm, can you tell who I'm gonna have a hard time with in teenage years?! :)

2 comments:

tamtazzi said...

Wooohooo i got a shout out! Thanks aim, i love you too. i would be so lost in this world with out you.
Holidays are fun know that i finally have a kid of my own, i fit in now :)
I must say you do look hot with that gun in your hands...

tamtazzi said...

oops i ment now not know