Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy 9th Birthday Jessica!

Monday the 29th Jessi turned 9 years old...I hope I can get through this without crying!
Each year that marks her birth is extra special to me because of what she's been through and the possibility of not having her here at all. Being a first time mom is hard enough, but when you have the threat of your first born's life being hung over your head, that makes it unbearable at times. Because of that, I've cherished Jessica and every passing year that I've been graced by her presence. She has grown so much over the past 9 years, not only physically, but spiritually and mentally. At times I catch myself asking "why her?! Why does this little precious daughter of God have to go through something as devastating as this that most adults will never have to experience?!". And then I watch her for a second and get my answer... because this trial makes her who she is and will become. She is so stubborn, strong-willed, yet extra sensitive, funny and full of life. She knows and understands things that most kids her age don't know and probably will never know. To her right now, it's not fair. But I hope in time she will realize how strong this has made her. I am so proud and impressed by her courage and strength. She knows she is different than others and has different needs, but that doesn't stop her at anything! She will find a way to do anything she wants to do! Like when the doctors told her not to jump on the trampoline after a surgery... where did I find her shortly after? ...On the trampoline, jumping! And she said, "see mom?! I jumped and I'm just fine!" Yet there are other times when she milks situations because she knows I'll give in. :)
Anyway, Jessi had a fun Hannah Montana birthday party with friends and cousin Bailie. I asked her why she likes Hannah Montana better than High School Musical, and she replied, "Because Hannah is a rock star and I am going to be a rock star!" And yes, in the pictures I am posting, she does have big knockers...she stuffed her shirt with socks. :) And I'm wondering the same thing...what is she wearing?! I find her at least once a day dancing to my MP3 player with her bust stuffed. I told her to stop rushing, she's already growing up too fast! I want Jessica to know (if she'll ever read this) how much I love and adore her...everything about her! She is so precious to me and I am so thankful the Lord let me be her earth mother...what a privilege! And she has taught me so much, already in her 9 years. I don't know what I would do with out her!!! I LOVE YOU JESSICA!!!

No comments: