Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas 2008

We had a really enjoyable Christmas this year! It finally snowed in our little secluded part of the town, right before Christmas! All I heard was people complaining about it, but I really enjoyed it...even while shoveling the walks (twice!). And not just for the kicks of seeing people fall on it, but because it brings in the feeling of Christmas.
We spent Christmas eve evening at my parent's house with my sisters and their families. The kids sang a few songs and acted out the nativity scene as my dad read it from the scriptures. Grammy gave them all matching pj's and the adults exchanged their gifts. We got Batman The Dark Knight! And finally, the kids bashed the pinata. On the way home, we stopped at Thanksgiving Point's little drive through light show. Except for the car in front of us stopping at EVERY display and taking pictures, it was really cute.
The kids all slept in the same room and anticipated hearing Santa on the roof. I had to reassure Sawyer several times that Santa would not come in his room. And Logen reminded me to put cookies and "let me think... probably milk. I think he will really like milk tonight". Amazingly, with all the sugar in them, they were asleep by 9:30. Logen came in around 7am to wake us up. They were so excited to see that Santa did really come!
Santa gave us all a Wii and a bunch of stocking stuffers, Bob and I gave Jessi & Logen Heelys
(yes, Logen has fallen at least 20 times already), Sawyer an Indiana Jones sound whip, & Gavin a music/water mobile that hangs in his crib. I can't remember who gave what to who, but Jessi got walkie talkies, Logen got a Speed Racer remote control car, Sawyer got an Air
Hog remote control car, and Gavin got a light up musical toy. The kids gave Bob a Dallas Cowboy's hat (Tony Romo edition), and I gave him a stereo receiver and the series of The Band of Brother's. The kids gave me Pride & Prejudice and Sense & Sensibility DVDs, and Bob gave me a gift card to Aeoropostle & Maroon 5 CD. Grammy & Pops spoiled them (as usually) with a bunch of other toys.
Harley even got a HUGE bone that kept him busy all day! Logen and Jessica spent most of the day in the kitchen on the wood floor skating on their Heely's, and if Sawyer wasn't in the candy, he was driving his remote control car up the walls or whipping everyone with his sound whip. It was a very good Christmas! And as usual, I'm sad it's over!

No comments: