Friday, November 7, 2008

Cute little Gavin

It's hard to believe that Gavin is already 4 months old. I wish I could get rid of the baby weight as fast as I put it on! Anyway, back to Gavin. I think his eyes will probably turn out to be hazel...although Logen's were hazel until he was about 1 or 2...then they went brown. Not as brown as Jessi's, and definitely not blue like Sawyer's! Everyone has their opinion on who Gavin looks like... but as his mother, who is always right, I think he's looking a lot like Jessica. :) They have a lot of similarities...neither of them have dimples (except on the chin), both have a round face, and they even have the same vein showing between their eyebrows. Despite his cute looks and contagious grin at whoever looks at him, he is an absolute joy! He was sleeping about 6 hours at night, but then all of a sudden went back to waking up every 3 hours...growth spurt? I don't know, but he is probably the chunkiest of my kids! None of them had rolls of fat, but he sure does...and it's adorable! He's starting to grab at things and pull them into his mouth. It's funny to see him concentrate on something in front of him and go cross eyed! I'm not quite sure if he'll be a thumb sucker, too. He loves sucking his fists and actually gets his thumb in there, but gnaws on it more than sucks it. It doesn't matter...my kids are all going to need braces regardless if they are thumb suckers or not! Gavin loves to talk, too. If you just look at him, he'll break into a huge grin and then start talking to you. I always answer him with a "really?!" or "you're kidding me!" and Logen asks me if I know what he's saying...I tell him "yes" and then he drills me after every "goo" and "gaw" from Gavin on what he just said. I thought Logen was kidding, but nope...he really thought I knew what Gavin was saying! I could use this towards my advantage...haha! Anyway, Gavin never lacks love in this household...the kids ALWAYS fight over who gets to hold him. And he is always being smothered...literally...with kisses. We all love Gavin and are thoroughly enjoying him and his cute little personality that is coming out.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Gavin is so adorable! Your story about understanding him and using it to your advantage made me laugh.