Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Tubby

I can't believe my baby is almost one year old! I can't deny how much fun I've had already with this cute little person, & to think that Bob was "done" with 3 kids! Gavin is so cute & so fun to have around...I know, every mom says that about her children, but in Gavin's case, it's true. He is the only one of my kids who managed to produce "baby fat", and I've been getting a kick out of it. I mean, come on! Look at those adorable rolls! This is the only time in life when rolls are CUTE, especially with some butt crack showing.
I'd like to tell you how terribly advanced my little tubby is, as most parents do, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. In fact, I might say that I have a, oh how shall I say this, procrastinator (yeah, that sounds good) on my hands. I know he CAN roll, I've seen it when he wants something real bad & no one is around to give it to him, but he just doesn't LIKE/WANT to. I guess I don't blame him when his siblings jump at his beckon call (I wish they would do that for ME). Jessi tells me, "but I don't like his face when he cries, it makes me sad!" Maybe I'll start crying more, 'cuz she obviously enjoys my angry face. Anyhow, I've come to the conclusion that his extra weight & Ballif sized head is hindering his ability to crawl, as well. That most likely is not true, but it makes me feel better. I mean, really, those rolls CAN'T be the easiest to carry around on those small little bones! Trust me, I have the biceps to prove my point, from carrying him. But I'm not too worried, a little embarrassed, yes, when I see babies younger than him zoom past him on the church floor. That just means he'll stay "my little (or big, I should say) baby" longer! He has, however, started talking, and I honestly can't remember off hand when my other kids started talking, so I can't say or not if that is normal or advanced for this age. But every achievement he is making (with his procrastinator attributions) truly delights me. Even if it is only an "uh-oh", or (MY most used around the house) "neh-uh", or "da-da", or "ma-ma". I'll just quit worrying and start enjoying!
I forgot to mention why I put this pic on here. This is Bob's brother's grave, Mark, the one we named Gavin after...Gavin Mark Ballif. I know, how touching. :)

3 comments:

Coretta from Confetti said...

cute little tubber
who ended up taking his pics? they look good.

tamtazzi said...

AWWW Gavin, he is so cute! i can't believe he's almost 1. i think of him as my good luck charm...you know why...
how bout another kid, just for funs? :)

Aimee said...

Coretta, Heather snapped his pics for me... by the time I got around to them, you had a brand new one! I didn't want to bug you, with a brand new baby and all. :)