Tuesday, March 10, 2009

First haircut

When Logen was 4 months, I completely shaved off all his hair (what little he had of it), because I heard it makes hair grow in thicker. Poor kid...he looked so funny, it really accentuated his ears. But he now has thick (and a lot of) hair! Anyway, I couldn't bring myself to shave Sawyer's head because of the way Logen looked, but I wish I would have because his hair is sooooo fine and thin. So, I've been really torn on whether to shave Gavin's hair. After finding several sporadic hairs that were a good inch or two longer than the rest of his hair, I decided to shave it, just not as short as I did on Logen...enough to even it all up. He did really good! He didn't cry until I was done...must have been a little head massage for him. Doesn't he look good?! (Pictures courtesy of Jessica)

2 comments:

Groshon said...

What a cutie!

we did the same thing to Ian at about 6 wks maybe? He had a bunch of wispy grandpa hairs hanging down in the back and it looked really funny! Of course I think we slightly traumatized him since he still hates clippers to this day! oops! His hair looks good though :)

Coretta from Confetti said...

hehehe I just posted about doing this to Zurich... I neglected to post the first hair cut he had... where he was less than a month old and we totally shaved it... and then he grew these great curls. But the comment about his ears really standing out. For some reason I had people commenting on that with Zurich too when we shaved it back when he was just a month. Gavin looks good though, nice job