Sunday, February 1, 2009

Growing too fast

On January 29th, Gavin turned 7 months and got his first ear infection. I hope he has better luck with his first birthday! I've been lucky with my kids being able to avoid ear infections, until now. Sawyer had a little one, once, but this one was a pretty good one for Gavin. I hope this isn't a new trend for him. Anyway, this whole experience helped me realize what a good baby he has been. Sure, a little clingy at times...but honestly I like that; it makes me feel loved and useful :). He only cries if he's hungry, tired or one of his brothers is bothering him. So when he woke up in the middle of the night and didn't want to nurse or do anything but cry, I almost started to panic. But now he's back to his cute, happy little self and I have started appreciating him being such a good baby. Although, I fear what the future will hold with him...because he has now started clenching his fists in the air while grunt-crying when he doesn't get fed or picked up as fast as he would like. Great...pay back.

No comments: